Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Countdown Begins

Here is a little calendar that I created to help Odessa understand the concept of her birthday coming up soon. It would be an understatement to say that she is really excited for her birthday this year. It is fun because the other two years she was completely oblivious.

Unfortunately, her enthusiasm comes with its own sets of problems: Everything she sees and wants (which is a lot) she pleads "for my birthday?" And when we went to the park and a family was there having their own celebration, she saw the balloons and exclaimed "my birthday!?" I explained that it was another family having a party, not for us. And, of course, she then cried "but I want that one." I think she was THIS close to approaching their Asian family and asking to be adopted, atleast for the length of their party in the park.

No comments: