Monday, January 14, 2008

Insomnia...Again

So I have been suffering from various forms of insomnia ever since I had big life change about 1 1/2 years ago (can you guess what that was?:) This is day three and I am seriously considering calling my mh provider. The first problem is that it will take me FOREVER to fall asleep. Once asleep it feels like I really didn't get any sleep at all -- you know when you feel like you were just on the edge of sleep for hours. And then finally around 2:00 a.m. I wake up with tons of anxiety (closest thing that I can relate to an anxiety attack) and the only thing I can think of to do is to get up, journal (or blog) and take some sleep-inducing remedies. It seems like this happens intermittently and then goes away on its own after some time. But that "sometime" feels really long when you have to get up to take care of a baby and get to work and get all that other life stuff done. I really can't think of causes -- two nights ago I had two beers? and Odessa is getting her molars in which makes her not the happiest puppy on the block. Hopefully I will be well-rested and have an optimistic blog soon.

No comments: