Monday, February 04, 2008

Alarm Clock

I bought an alarm clock last night at Target. I figured this would save me from having to get out of bed just to determine which course of action I should take: 1) it is 3 a.m. and I should be trying to get Odessa to go back to sleep or 2) it is 6:30 a.m. and her normal wake-up hour and I have no chance in hell of getting her to go back to sleep.

What I discovered last night is that it takes me about two hours to fall asleep once I get into bed. I didn't feel like I was having an unusually dificult time falling to sleep so I think this is pretty much my average.


So, I am finally falling asleep when Odessa wakes up for the first time in the night if she is teething, or growth-spurting, or has any other developmental thing going on (which is more nights than not). Then I am back to trying to fall asleep. Luckily this doesn't take as long the second time around.



Then Odessa wakes up one more time sometime in the night/early morning before she gets up "for real" at 6:15 -- 6:30 a.m.


What this also means is that I am getting less sleep than Larry is even though I go to bed much earlier than he does. So I get less "me" time and less sleep. Life is so not fair.

1 comment:

Melissa Zollner said...

I hear you. I totally get it.